Greetings from me and my laptop which has so many pictures of chocolates on it right now, that you would think I wanted to open a chocolate shop, (although, that won’t be a bad idea now would it?).
Anyway, let me be the first to say Happy Valentines day to you and tell you that, you are important, you are loved and you are valuable. We’re still doing our month long affirmations, so get in on that action and talk to yourself before anyone else tells you who you are not.
So, I know that a lot of times, we can think of what a main course will be and what starters we will begin dinner with, but as most hosts do, figuring out what to serve your guests after dinner especially so that it’s not all completely sweet, can be a chore. On that note, I found a solution that works and still tastes great.
Allow me to introduce you to 5 yummy and healthy desserts for your girls night or if you’re celebrating Valentines day in a group or if you’re hosting a few friends or if you just want an option of desserts. These 5 treats, are sure to treat your tastebuds right, (please tell me you saw what I did there).
Consider these my first valentine’s day gift to you and I hope they sweeten up your dinner game.
Cheers to a month and life full of love and sweet things!!
Let’s indulge shall we?
- Rasberry & Chocolate Filled Cupcakes https://lexiscleankitchen.com/double-chocolate-raspberry-filled-cupcakes-with-chocolate-ganache/
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoon Enjoy Life’s mini chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon unsweetened organic apple sauce
- 3 tablespoon pure organic raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton fresh organic raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a mixing bowl combine almond meal, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda, mix well until smooth
- Add in eggs, apple sauce, honey, and vanilla extract– whisk together
- Add in chocolate chips
- Pour into greased muffin tins (I use silicone muffin liners) halfway, place a raspberry in the center and top off with remaining batter
- Bake on 350 for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Make ganache: In a saucepan or microwave, heat chocolate chips and coconut milkand mix until combined, let sit for 5 minutes
- Remove cupcakes and let cool on cooling rack, dip into ganache (optional: add a raspberry to the top), and let sit so the ganache cools and slightly hardens
- Storing: Store in tupperware and for best results keep in the refrigerator
- Servings: 12
- Amount Per Serving: 1
- Calories: 142
- Fat: 9g
- Carbs: 13g
- Protein: 4g
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp agave nectar — or honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh strawberries
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes
In a medium bowl, combine the chia seeds and coconut milk together. Stir very well to avoid any chunks.
Add the agave and vanilla extract. Mix everything very well.
Using a plastic wrap, cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 4-5 hours.
When the chia pudding is ready to be served, puree the strawberries in a food processor.
Mix the pureed strawberry and chia pudding together.
In small glasses (or dessert dishes), pour the chia pudding and top with coconut flakes and strawberries.
3) No Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/healthy-no-bake-peanut-butter-chocolate-bars-3362476
24 chocolate wafer cookies
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
4 ounces semisweet chocolate morsels, melted
4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup creamy all-natural peanut butter
1/2 cup 2-percent Greek yogurt
2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/4 cup chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- For the crust: Line an 8-inch square pan with foil so it overhangs on two sides and lightly coat with cooking spray. Process the cookies in a food processor until finely ground. Add the melted butter and process again until the crumbs are coated with the butter; add the melted chocolate and process until the mixture is the texture of very wet sand. Using an offset spatula, press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan, cover and refrigerate while preparing the filling. Clean out the food processor bowl.
- For the filling and topping: Add the cream cheese, peanut butter, yogurt and sugar to the bowl of the food processor and process until smooth and combined. Pour the mixture over the crust and smooth with a spatula. Top with the peanuts and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Cover and refrigerate until set slightly looser than cream cheese, about 4 hours up to overnight.
- Run a knife around the edges of the mixture to loosen, use the foil handles to lift it out, cut into 12 bars and serve chilled.
4) All Fruit Mango Sorbet https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/all-fruit-mango-sorbet-3362720
2 very ripe mangoes (2 to 2 1/2 pounds total)
2 tablespoons unsweetened coconut flakes
1 small lime, quartered
Honey for drizzling, optional