- April Laugh Ltd (we/us/our) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By visiting aprillaugh.co.uk or by purchasing any products from us you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy in accordance to the General Data Protection Regulations.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (Act), the data controller is April Laugh Ltd of 6 Park Lane, Hornchurch, Essex, England RM11 1BB
- Our nominated representative for the purpose of the Act is Lola Komolafe, Director.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
1.1. We will collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us on our website. This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our website (www.aprillaugh.co.uk) or by corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you subscribe to our free challenges, place an order on our website, participate in plans and when you report a problem with our website. The information you give us may include
- Your name
- Your address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Your gender
- Your financial and credit card information
- Your Billing/Shipping Address
When you decide to sign up for any of any of our plans by purchasing on our website, we will send you a health questionnaire to get information about your present lifestyle. The questionnaire will give us the opportunity to know how your meal plan will be customised for your use. The information requested from you will include.
- Your answers to our health & fitness questionnaire
- Your personal description
- Your health information
- Your present lifestyle
- Your present eating habits
- Your before photographs.
Information we collect about you when you participate in our plans may also include your personal information (personal information that is in a sensitive manner), you voluntarily supplied through our website, such as via our support email and live chat , our accountability WhatsApp group or our Facebook community group. By communicating and interacting with us on any of our social media platforms by way of “liking”, sending us direct messages, “following”, commenting, “retweeting” or “sharing”, you understand that you are consenting for our interaction with you.
April Laugh reserves the right to use the information that we collect about you to serve you targeted advertisement in order to provide you with more relevant advertising content. This marketing is accomplished via our own channels (i.e. our websites and third party channels, including across multiple devices or browsers), using the following platforms:
This is information you give us when communicating with the April Laugh Team
- Information we collect about you when you visit our website. With regard to each of your visits to our website we will automatically collect the following information: technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you from third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
- OTHER TYPES OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
2.2. Uses made of the information. We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information to:
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- notify you about changes to our service;
- ensure that content from our website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
2.3. Information we collect about you. We will use this information to:
- administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts, keep our website safe and secure;
- measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
2.4. Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
- DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
3.1. You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
selected third parties including:
business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you; analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website; credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
3.2. We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we wish to sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of such business or assets.
If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
4.2. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
4.3. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- YOUR RIGHTS UNDER GDPR
5.1. You may ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.Please quote your name and address. We will be grateful if you would also provide brief details of the information you require a copy of or which you would like us to correct. We aim to comply without undue delay, and within one month at the latest:
- to ask for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected;
- to ask us to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data;
- to request a machine readable copy of your personal data, which you can use with another service provider. Where it is technically feasible, you can ask us to send this information directly to another provider if you prefer; and
to make a complaint to a data protection regulator. You may contact them at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
If you are unhappy with the way that we are processing your personal data, please let us know. The best way to bring this to our attention is by emailing us at email@example.com
5.2. Our website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- ACCESS TO INFORMATION
6.1. The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request will be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
8.2. Our full details are April Laugh Ltd, a company incorporated and registered in England and Wales with company number 10660144 whose registered office is at 6, Park Lane, Hornchurch, Essex, England, RM11 1BB
APRIL LAUGH LTD
Last updated 24 May 2018