LOVE IN A BOWL – Brown Rice, Chicken Curry & Vegetables ? ?
I love love making currys and chicken curry is one of my favourites. You can eat it with anything for lunch or dinner! I made this for my last meal prep and we all enjoyed it as a family. Please reduce ingredients to suit your servings.
- 2 kg chicken
- 2 kg frozen vegetables
- 200g Fat Free or low fat Yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 chopped large onion
- 4 chopped garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons curry
- 500ml chicken stock
- 4 tablespoon tomato purée
- Salt and season to your taste.
- Season chicken as desired, grill and set aside.
- Fry onions in coconut oil until golden brown, stirring regularly. Add the garlic and curry and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken stock (I used the one from the grilled chicken), tomato purée, and seasoning. Mix well and add the grilled chicken. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes max. Ensure to turn the chicken every 10minutes.
- Remove the chicken and set aside. Continue cooking the sauce over a high heat for 3 minutes until its thickened. Take the pan off the heat and stir in yoghurt. Check seasoning, salt then pour the sauce over the chicken. Enjoy with basmati rice or brown rice or any meal of your choice.
- Leave a comment if you want more tasty recipes ?