You’re definitely in for a treat with this one 🍩. It’s only a few weeks to the end of the year and almost everyone is scrambling to hit their targets, goals and basically end the year strong 💪.
So I quite understand that it’s very unlikely that you’ll get back home after a long day still have the energy to do too much cooking. Fear not my dear! Your healthy eating dream is not just a wish, it can and will be achieved!
I have assembled a few recipes I found online to help you still eat well on those nights when you’re too tired to even try.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Milk I used 2%
- 2-4 Strips of turkey bacon (however “bacony” you want it
- 1/2 Avocado sliced
- 1/2 A small tomato sliced
- Grated Reduced- fat cheddar cheese
- Get all your ingredients together
- To make the egg “tortilla”
- Spray a small pan with cooking spray and heat to medium heat.
- In a small bowl, lightly beat the eggs, milk and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Slowly pour half the egg mixture (about 1/4 cup) into the preheated pan. Cover and cook until the top looks set and slightly bubbles, about 1- 3 minutes.
- Flip and cook an additional minute on the other side. Repeat with remaining egg. Cover and set aside.
- Spray a large pan with cooking spray and heat to med/high.
- Cook the bacon until golden brown and crispy, about 1-2 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towel and blot off any fat.
- To assemble:
- Place 1-2 slices of turkey bacon along the center of each egg “tortilla”, followed by the sliced tomatoes, avocados and then as much grated cheese as your heart desires.
- Roll up and DEVOUR!
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp ginger minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced thinly
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 cup cabbage shredded or coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 5 leaves basil chopped
- 1/2 head iceberg lettuce cut into half
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat until oil is very hot. Add ground chicken and cook until no longer pink and starts to brown, break it up with a wooden spoon as necessary. Should take about 3 minutes.
- Add red curry paste, ginger, garlic, peppers, coleslaw mix, and stir-fry for another 3 minutes. Add hoisin sauce and green onions, and toss. Remove from heat then add basil and toss. Transfer cooked chicken to a bowl.
- Serve by placing spoonfuls of chicken into pieces of lettuce, fold lettuce over like small tacos, and eat.
w to make the BEST Avocado Caprese Chicken Salad?
- To make the balsamic dressing: in a small bowl, mix garlic, dry basil, dijon mustard, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper. Slowly add in olive oil, whisking the entire time until there is no more oil & vinegar separation. Set aside.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Add seasoned chicken breast to grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until there is no more pink.
- In a large bowl add spring mix, avocado, cherry tomatoes, fresh basil, fresh mozzarella balls, and sliced grilled chicken.
- Serve with balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 lb. shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 cup broccoli florets frozen or fresh
- 1 tablespoon oil
For the Sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon ginger minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- Place broccoli florets in a small bowl, fill with a few teaspoons of water and steam in microwave for 2 minutes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and divide it into half. Marinate the shrimp with one half of the sauce for 5-10 minutes (or up to 24 hours).
- Heat a heavy-duty skillet to high heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan then add the marinated shrimp. Sear them on both sides in batches of 2 until browned, about 1 minute per side. Add the broccoli to the pan, drizzle with remaining sauce, and mix well to combine.