Merry Christmas everyone or is it too early lol. I am sorry but I am one of those people who get excited about Christmas from October. Anyway, this post isn’t about me and my unnecessary excitement during Christmas instead, it’s rather my early Christmas present to you.
So I know that once the holiday season starts, so many of us just want to throw away all our hard work during the year away, but I am not going to let that happen. I decided to compile a few tips to help you keep your weight in check this holiday and not gain 10kg during these few weeks.
Now if you’re ready to enjoy the festive season and all the parties but not pack on all the weight while you’re at it, these tips will help you. Ready to get started?
1) Drink lots of water: by now you ought to know that water is one of my favorite tips for weight loss or maintenance but I’ll say it again. Start your day with a liter of water or more and aim to drink at least 3 liters of water during the day. This way, you’ll be too full to even eat so much when you do go out and voila, the problem of overeating is solved.
2) Eat in moderation: as hard as this might be, you have to watch your portions. I say this a lot, that no food is inherently bad but the important thing is to exercise portion control when you eat. So when you go out, use the smaller plates and fill up your plate with the veggies instead so that you’re not eating too much each time.
3) Self-control is key: do you know you can skip dessert? Lol, on a serious note, you don’t have to eat everything you’re served. Your host is more interested in ensuring that all their guests are served and filled to their capacity while you should be more interested in exercising self-control and making sure you don’t throw away all your hard work.
4) Earn your treat: this is not the time to skip the gym or put in minimal work. Cold weather or not, you have to put on your gym clothes and work out! You need to be doing the most during your workouts and burning 1000+ calories per session so that when you do take your desserts, it will be well earned.
5) If all else fails, I’ll be waiting for you on the #LifestyleChangeWithApril. We’re starting 2020 with a very interesting challenge, it’s the lose 50 pounds in 100 days challenge. So if you do go all out this holiday, I’ll be waiting to help you get back into shape in January. Want to reserve a spot for yourself on the challenge? Click here.
Have a beautiful holiday!